What Can We Learn From Michael Jackson’s Death?
There’s No Such Thing as a ‘Safe’ Painkiller
Michael Jackson’s untimely death shocked the world. It is a shame to
lose such as brilliant mind who has touched so many generations.
However, it is also a sad time in our history when it comes as no surprise for another celebrity to die of a drug overdose.
Indeed Farrah Fawcett’s death was far less sudden than Jackson’s,
but no less innocent. I believe that she was killed by chemotherapy —
a toxic cocktail of chemicals pushed onto patients by oncologists who
deceptively call it “treatment.”
Against the advice of many in the natural health community, Fawcett
gave in to her doctors and agreed to be poisoned as a treatment for
anal cancer. But what she didn’t know is that one of the most common
side effects of chemotherapy is more cancer! And after subjecting her
body to more chemotherapy, it wasn’t long before Fawcett was diagnosed
with liver cancer.
I watched my own sister die due to chemotherapy “treatment” while
she was recovering from the successful removal of a tumour in her
stomach. Chemotherapy causes terrible damage to the liver, heart,
kidney, brain and nervous tissue.
It is horrifying watching a love one be systematically poisoned to
death using pedestrian technology, unscientific treatment protocols and
highly toxic drugs.
That Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett both died in within 48 hours
of each other is shocking news to many, but it’s not nearly as
surprising as the fact that they were both killed by Big Pharma’s toxic
What was The culprit for Michael Jackson?
Demerol is described as ‘an opiod agonist and a schedule II
controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to morphine.’ This
drug is regularly prescribed as it is deemed safer than morphine and
it’s side effects aren’t considered as bad.
Strange thing to say, when Demerol’s major side effects include:
- Cardiac arrest
- Respiratory arrest
- Circulatory depression
With some ‘minor’ side-effects including:
The scary thing is that it is readily available to practically anyone.
When we Googled ‘Buy Demerol’, we came up with 103,000 results, many offering Demerol on special for no prescription.
Demerol (also known as pethidine or meperidine) is a combination of
acetaminophen (Tylenol) and propoxyphene designed to relieve mild to
Pethidine is regularly injected into women during labour.
Propoxyphene works by binding to the pain receptors in the brain so
that the sensation of the pain is reduced. Acetaminophen halts the
production of prostagladins which otherwise cause pain.
Demerol, especially when mixed with other painkillers or
sedatives, causes nervous system depression, and can massively increase
the chances of cardiac and respiratory arrest.
Reportedly, following Jackson’s acquittal of child molestation
charges in 2005, his addiction to this dangerous drug became worse.
Reports have said that Jackson received an injection of Demerol just an
hour before his death. Following the injection, his respiration rate
slowed, decreasing the oxygen supply to the heart, causing it to go
Demerol can be more addictive than some other ‘opiates’ (also
included morphine and codeine) because of its fast action and the
associated rush of euphoria that comes with ingestion. Due to its
actions, tolerance soon follows, meaning that much higher doses are
required to achieve pain relief.
That is where it gets really dangerous.
A warning by US Health Authorities states “Abuse of Demerol poses a
risk of overdose and death. The risk is increased with concurrent abuse
of Demerol with alcohol and other substances.
Due to the presence of talc as one of the excipients in tablets,
parenteral abuse of crushed tablets (injection) can be expected to
result in local tissue necrosis, infection, pulmonary granulomas, and
increased rsk of endocarditis and valvular heart disease. In addition,
parenteral drug abuse is commonly associated with transmission of
infectious diseases such as hepatitis and HIV.”
Jackson is reported to have been addicted to the painkiller for a
number of years, and with tolerance to the drug being expected, the
dosage would have been simply too high, resulting in a heart attack.
The Spinal Centre’s Comment:
Is this tragic? Yes.
What we can only hope is that Demerol won’t become the new ‘it’ drug.
It is a dangerous substance that is unfortunately available too
easily to practically anyone with the internet and a credit card. The
sad thing is that to overdose on this drug, you don’t need to take
massive quantities. One or two tablets too many, or a few milligrams
too much and things could end very badly.
Drug addiction is a terrible thing, and it is very saddening to see
that another celebrity is dead because of it – and that’s not to
mention the thousands of nameless and faceless people who join him
Why Jackson could not be stopped remains a mystery.
When your friends are gone and you are surrounded by people who are
queuing up to take your money it is probably hard to get balanced
With reports of family greed, abuse and bribery arising, it becomes
apparent that his loved ones weren’t around for support. I dare say
they had there own issues.
Though too little too late, one promising thing to come out of this whole situation appears to be his lawyer.
Mr Oxman has been Jackson’s family lawyer for many years. He has
said “I have been very critical of the use of pain medications.” “I
have told people in no uncertain terms that if Michael one day woke up
and he was dead I would not be silent, I would not permit this to go
unchallenged.” “I am going to wait until I get the toxicology report,
and if his death has something to do with drugs, I am prepared to name
names of doctors who prescribed them.”
Good on him.
But how about everyone else who has access to these lethal drugs?
Well, while there is still money to be made, Demerol will still be
available. And why wouldn’t they stop producing it – their 2008 profit was 7.186 billion euros, or around 12.5 billion dollars Australian.
We can only hope that people will see their way through the hype and
recognise that prescription drugs are no better than legal ones – they
can still be abused.
Painkillers should NEVER be thought of as safe – they are merely dangerous band-aids concealing the real reason for the pain.
If you are suffering from pain, consider prescription pain killers your last resort.
New advances in natural medicine go down to the cellular level to
stop your pain, heal your injury and give you a new lease on life.
We have many different options available that can and will help you, but it is never a ‘one size fits all situation.’
Self-prescribing is never the best thing – this is why we have introduced a totally new aspect to our website.
Our Online Initial Consultation is the easiest and most effective way to find the right natural medicine for you.
As part of our Online Initial Consultation, you will be prescribed
natural medicine based upon your health history. You will be provided
with a detailed questionnaire, which will then be assessed by a team of
Practitioners to prescribe the exact natural medicine for your health
This is a revolutionary new aspect in the world of health websites.
Instead of ‘guessing’ what you should be taking, you can now find out
what you need that will help to heal your pain. Our team of
Practitioners are experts in the field of natural medicine, and will
match your condition to the BEST natural medicine available in
The report will also detail what you should eat and when given your
current health status. We will recommend any further testing that may
be required to assist you in achieving your health goals. The Spinal Centre will
also recommend the best health products and natural medicines available
to assist you in purist of better health.
And, to help you on the road to better health, you will also receive 15% off all purchases for two months.
This is ideal for those new to the world of natural health, or for
those who seek an end to their condition through natural medicine.
Stop the guessing game – and save yourself money. Quit running from doctor to doctor seeking out answers that you can’t get.
Let The Spinal Centre help find out which exact natural medicine is right for you.
- Prescription Drug Side Effects
- Heath Ledger’s Death and Prescription Drugs
- Yet Another Death from Stilnox
- Nurofen, Stomach Ulcers and Bleeding From the Bowel
If you like this article be sure to visit the Spinal Centre website at www.thespinalcentre.com.au and view more content by Dr. Hooper and the Spinal Rehabilitation Team.
© 2019 The Spinal Centre. All rights reserved.