Getting Ahead of the Curve
The Modern Principles of Scoliosis Management
On the weekend of the July 20, The Spinal Centre Team attended a seminar on the latest research and techniques for Scoliosis Care and Management.
Key Topics Included:
Scoliosis Classification by Aetiology
- Soft Tissues Contactures
- Rheumatoid Disease
- Surgical or Iatrogenic
Accurate Diagnosis and Management; Case Studies Arnold Chiari Type 1 Malformations , Syringomyella (Syrinx),
Idiopathic Scoliosis; disorientation and deformation.
- Ageing Spinal and Scoliosis; 35% over 60, up to 68% in over 90 year olds
- Degenerative De Novo Scoliosis and progression of curve
- Postural Balance; Sagittal curves, Coronal balance
- Clinical and Radiological features that relate to pain
- Life Expectancy versus Quality of Life
- Treatment of Adult Scoliosis
- Indication for treatment, pain, posture, progression and contraindications
- Special needs for adult cases including osteoporosis
- Case study of SpineCor adult scoliosis brace
Management of idiopathic scoliosis and children
- Infantile scoliosis; clinical evaluation, importance MRI
- Case presentation and reviews
- Non specific bracing, Scolicare and Socor Bracing, indications and contra indications
If you like this article be sure to visit the Spinal Centre website at www.thespinalcentre.com.au and view more content by Dr. Hooper and the Spinal Rehabilitation Team.
© 2019 The Spinal Centre. All rights reserved.