Sports Masseur or Myotherapist Required
Myotherapist, Masseur and Rehabilitation Assistant Opportunity
We are looking for a passionate, competent Myotherapist, Sports or Remedial Masseur to join our Spinal Rehabilitation Team.
We are a vibrant well established Neuro Musculoskeletal Clinic; combining Acupuncture, Corrective Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Clinical Nutrition, and Natural Medicine.
We have a strong focus on Postural and Structural Correction, Sports Injury Management and Spinal Rehabilitation.
You will have the opportunity to practice at two busy clinics. One based in Melbourne’s outer eastern suburb, Montrose. The other is our impressive flagship centre at Hawthorn, in the heart of the Glenferrie Road shopping strip.
Unique to this position is the ability to implement new and complementary treatment protocols to your skill set. There will be ‘hands on work’ in the traditional fashion. However, we will require you to work with the Rehab Team and personally assist Dr. Hooper in a diverse range of programs.
We require a Practitioner who is resourceful, has a passion for health, enjoys working in a quality clinical team and a desire assist many patients. You will need to be outgoing, have great people skills, and above all up for a challenge.
You will need:
- Excellent presentation, communication skills and a positive attitude to health, work and wellness
- A relevant Health Science Degree or Masters, AHPRA Registration, Provider Number and appropriate PI Insurance
- Ability to cope under pressure and enjoy work in a busy practice
- A desire to be challenged and learn new skills – particularly in the area of Spinal Rehabilitation
- Ability to adapt and grow with the role while devoted to personal development and excellence
- Confidence in exercise prescription, neuro musculoskeletal injury management
- Confidence with excellent massage skills, myofascial release technique and stretching skills
- Preferably experience in Pilates, Core Strength and Stability Programs
- A strong desire to learn new methods of Postural Correction, Exercise Prescription and Spinal Traction
- A strong desire to think ‘out side the box’ and learn new techniques to become a better Clinician
All Practitioners within the Clinics are enthusiastically involved in the Postural Correction Programs of Spinal Rehabilitation and Traction. You will be required to complete Pre Screen, Neuro Musculoskeletal and Posture Screen Assessments while developing strategies of care.
Experience in Pilates, Core, and Athlete Strength Training would be a significant advantage.
You will need a passion for patient Wellness and Corrective Care. You will be required to develop and manage marketing strategies to attract new patients. Our Practitioners lead events and talks educating patients on our health principles and how to participate in their recovery.
Part of your work will involve updating the Practice website and Blog. You will be required to liaise with other staff members and assist in writing articles to be used in the our Clinic newsletters. Experience in the application of social media for business would a great advantage.
We will offer comprehensive training, regular case meetings and ongoing mentoring. Your technical ability and certainty within practice will grow. The position will be both challenging and financially rewarding. There is good flexibility in overall hours and shift allocation among the Practice Team.
For more information please browse ‘Employment Opportunities’ in the support section of the Practice Website: TheSpinalCentre.com.au.
We would love to hear from You
Unique to this role will be the ability to use your skills in a slightly different way, with our systems and training. You will not be totally dependent on ‘hands on work’ (i.e. massaging the patients) to earn your income.
If you are looking for professional environment to thrive as a Practitioner without the responsibilities and difficulties of running a business or constantly worrying about where the next patient is coming from, then contact us.
- A recent photo
- Cover letter
to: Careers [at] TheSpinalCentre.com.au.