Baseline Nutritional Evaluation
The Spinal Centre Baseline Nutritional Evaluation is a Urinary Organic Acids Test involving a comprehensive Metabolic Analysis Profile.
This profile assesses 39 organic acids that play a role in four critical areas of metabolism:
- Gastrointestinal function
- Cellular energy production
- Neurotransmitter processing
- Amino acid-organic acid balance as influenced by vitamin, mineral cofactors.
Results can be used to address chronic systemic complaints including:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, depression, anxiety, alteration of Mood, Dementia, Parkinson’ Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Headaches, diffuse muscular pains, joint pains and arthritic
disorders, spinal pain, lower back pain, neck pains and disc Injuries
- Digestive problems, gastric upset, constipation or diarrhoea
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders, altered learning, poor concentration, learning difficulties
- Improving performance in athletes and sports people
The Baseline Nutritional Evaluation using a comprehensive metabolic analysis profile (Urinary Organic Acids) can be utilised as an effective screening tool for areas of dietary or nutritional
abnormality that may not be determined from the patient history alone.
By using multiple metabolic markers in conjunction with one another, a sophisticated, targeted and individualised treatment program can be developed.
Organic acid test provides a broad over view of the body. One urine specimen can be used to evaluate the liver and nervous system health as well as energy metabolism and nutrient deficiencies.
Understanding how these areas are functioning at any one time allows for analysis of system interaction and ability to develop a nutritional and natural medicine strategy to obtain better health.
Why is the Test Important?
This profile measures 39 organics that play a role in four critical areas:
- Gastrointestinal function and dysbiosis; how well is your gut functioning, do you have inappropriate bacterial cultures that can upset bowel function, do you have ‘leaky gut’, is your food being digested appropriately?
- Cellular and mitochondrial energy metabolism; is your chronic fatigue related to problems with the way your cells process energy?
- Neurotransmitter metabolism; are your serotonin, adrenalin, nor-adrenalin pathways working correctly?
- Nutritional assessment of vitamins and minerals that serve as critical enzyme cofactors; are you deficient in trace nutrients or minerals, what type of B group vitamins do you require?
Test results allow you to design comprehensive, customised strategies to restore optimal metabolic health.
What does this test involve?
All markers are measured in a single morning urine specimen and rated to creatinine. The test report includes and in depth interpretation with a list of possible remdedial nutrients.
Reference ranges are available for children (ages 2 to 12) as well as adults.
How is the Test Done?
Purchase test as you would any other product on The Spinal Centre by adding it to your shopping cart. Once the transaction is completed we will send a Test Kit with urinary collection bottle and instructions.
Using the appropriate envelope you send the specimen to our pathology centre. Analysis of your sample is performed, raw test data is sent to us and further evaluated along with your clinical profile.
An individual, comprehensive and in depth report is generated based on your case history outlining your test results and how to implement the changes to improve your health.
The Spinal Centre will of course provide continuing online support to help you implement your specific plan.
What are the consequences of metabolic imbalances?
Chronic malabsorption can contribute to gastointestial distress, nutrient insufficiencies, and dysbiosis (disrupted flora balance).
Chronic dysbiosis, in turn may result in local inflammatory reactions, increased risk of colorectal cancer, or gut hyperpermeability with subsequent translocation of toxins and macromolecules into the body.
Imbalances in serotonergic or adrenergic function are frequently associated with nuero-psychiatric disorders, insomina, inability to manage stress, eating disorders, fatigue or irritable bowel syndrome.
Imbalances may also suggest nutrient insufficiencies or methylation impairments that impact multiple systems in the body.
The Citric Acid Cycle supplies the body with its primary energy needs. Glycolysis, glycogenesis and beta-oxidation of fats provide precursors for this cycle.
Blocks in citric acid cycle or impairments in any of these processes may lead to chronic fatigue, muscle pan and fatigue, accelerated cell breakdown and unhealthy ageing.
Because enzyme cofactors are involved in virtually every system with the body, insufficiencies in these vitamins or minerals can affect a wide range of functions including immunologic, endocrine,
musculskeletal and metobolic functions.
What Does A ‘Raw Data Report Look Like?
When we receive the pathology report it comes back looking like the pictures below.
We analyse the data and correlate it with your online or written case history (you can download the case history as a PDF, fill it in and send it to us if you prefer; see the questions menu for more
From this we can then begin to generate specific integrative and natural medicine strategies based on your individual metabolic and nutritional requirements.
Still need More Information?
For very comprehensive Information about all aspects of this test use the following link.
This information is fairly heavy a suited to health professionals or those with a reasonable science background.