The 2014 International Congress on Natural Medicine
It was with great pleasure that I attended the International Congress on Natural Medicine in Sydney over the June long weekend.
This was one of the most significant events on the Australian Natural Medicine calendar.
It was good to get some of the most up to date information and the latest science in the field of Natural Medicine.
Ironically, I was only one of three Chiropractors in attendance. Most attendees were Integrative Medicine GP’s, Naturopaths and Clinical Nutritionists.
Many presenters were Functional Medicine GP’s or professors or PHD researchers in nutrition, genetics and Dieticians.
- The Scientific Basis of Detoxification by Professor Mar Cohen
- A new Era of applying functional medicine model to patient care when managing Detox-Related heal concerns by Dr. Kristi Hughes
- Role of Endogenous and Environmental Oestrogens in initial of Human Cancers by Dr. Michael Stone
- The role of Toxicity in Obesity and metabolic disorders by Paul Mannion
- Scientific basis and Clinical implementation of low FODMAP diet in patient with function digestive disorders by Dr. Sue Shepard
- Pathogenesis and management of Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) by Dr. Gerard Mullin
- Management of Non-Coeliac Gluten Sensitivity by Dr. Sue Shepard
- Pathogenesis and Integrative Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) by Dr. Gerard Mullin
We already use a number of these protocols within the practice and this knowledge forms a growing portfolio of therapeutic tools to assist you achieve better health.
Last month I also attended a Rehabilitative and Spinal Corrective Care Seminar using Chiropractic Biophysics.
We will be looking to introduce more of these programs within the Practice later this year – so keep an eye on the Blog and watch for announcements in the Clinic.
On reflection of the seminars, it is great to see the incredible amount of quality science being produced and how it is driving evidence based care.
The best or most enlightening part of the Natural Medicine Congress was the increasing number of General Practitioners in attendance.
It is great to finally see so many GP’s immersing themselves in the science of natural medicine.
The worst component of the Natural Medicine Congress was the lack of Chiropractors attending. I am concerned that nutritional medicine is not high on the radar for all Doctors of Chiropractic.
If we are to be the true leaders of improved health and Wellness within the community – then diet, nutrition and gastrointestinal health has to feature.
It is not about just cracking the sore bits.
The Spinal Centre – Neuro-Musculoskeletal SolutionsThe Spinal Centre provides the Best Natural Medicines, Health Products and Nutritional Solutions to Free You of Pain and Improve Your Spinal Health.The Spinal Centre is a leader in the management and treatment of spinal pain and disability including:
- Chronic Back and Neck Pain
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc Injuries with or without neruological changes
- All forms of arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease
- Neuromuscular problems such as chronic back pain, headaches, migraines, neck or spinal pains
- Myofascial pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia, diffuse muscular or joint pains
- Austistic spectrum disorders including ADD, ADHD, learning difficulties and autism
- Fatigue, energy and mood disorders including chronic fatigue and depression
The Spinal Centre focuses on resolution with the development of individualised treatment programs using Conservative and Integrative Medicine; combining genetic, metabolic and nutritional testing with specific natural medicines to enhance your health and achieve your genetic potential.We have helped thousands – Why Not You?